At the Telecommunication Systems Institute, hereinafter referred to as “TSI”, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Compliance with the Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) determines the basis on which Personal Data is collected about you. The Policy has been developed based on the Data Protection Impact Study (DPIA). Assessment ), which is provided for by GDPR and Law 4624/2019. Personal data is either provided by you directly with your free consent or provided to us through third parties who have already obtained your free consent and are always processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the corresponding legal basis. Please read the following carefully to understand the use of IFRS.
Information and Personal Data we collect about you
We collect information and PII from you that you provide with your free consent either directly ourselves, or through third party services with which you interact and have already requested your free consent.
We may process data, including the following in the course of providing hosting services and your use of our facilities, which could contain or be considered to be VAT:
- Full name, residential address and/or work address, e-mail address, telephone numbers (landline or mobile), identity card or passport number, A.M.K.A., citizenship, date of birth, university degree, specialty and titles of postgraduate studies, specializations with the corresponding Please note here that all the above information is required by Greek and European legislation for your participation in research / development programs carried out at TSI.
- Financial information about you, including your bank account details, your credit or debit card details or other payment details, in order to enable your payment or repayment of obligations to TSI
- Information about your professional and educational history, in the form of a short or long CV
- And finally, other information that you ask us to process on your behalf which are necessary for the Institute to fulfill its obligations towards you and the Greek state.
We also inform you that:
- When you visit our TSI website, your device’s browser provides us with information such as your current IP address, browser type, access time and the pages of our website you visited are collected and used to compile statistical This information can be used to help us improve our website , the services we offer and to design new services for you.
Purpose of Personal Data processing
We process Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Legal, tax and insurance obligation of the organization towards the Hellenic Republic and the EU
Legal Basis of Processing
- PD 18 /26-1-1995 (Government Gazette 8/21-1-1995) Establishment of TSI
- Φ 715/126/Β7/464 Decision of the Minister of National Education and Religious Affairs (approval of internal
- Official Gazette 691/19-8-1996 Internal Regulation
- Article 11 of Law 3685/2008 (A’ 148) as amended by Article 32 of Law 3794/2009
- Article 17 Law 4386/2016 (Government Gazette 83A/11-5-2016 regulation on investigation and other provisions)
- Article 12 n 4412/2016 Official Gazette 147 (Public works and procurement contracts)
- Article 12 of Law 4521/2018 (A’ 38).
- Article 27 of Law 4647/2019
- Articles 436, 438, 473, 475 N 4957/2022 Organization – Functioning of HEIs / Titles of Scholarships Abroad / Ecclesiastical Provinces / IEK / School Education KLP (821609) Official Gazette A 141/21-7-2022
- Law 4820/21 article 160 (destruction of supporting documents and documents) as amended by the provisions of Law 4917/2022
- Your consent
Personal Data security
TSI is committed to making every possible effort to protect your Personal Data. That’s why we use a variety of technologies and security procedures to protect PII from unauthorized access and use. But please note whereas no physical or electronic security system is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you provide to us over the Internet will not be intercepted. However, we are committed to continuing to review and improve our security policies and implement additional technical and organizational security measures as new technologies become available.
The transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure and may involve the transmission of data to countries outside the European Union. This is due to the use of cloud solutions for website hosting, email hosting or proprietary software solutions delivered to us via the cloud . However, we do not in any case allow third parties to use your TIN for their own purposes. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us. Therefore, any transmission of VAT is done at your own risk. When receiving TINs, we use appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access.
Personal Data Maintenance
The time for which the Personal Data are kept in the TSI is determined by the provisions of the Greek legislation for the operation of the EPIs, the respective tax and insurance legislation and for reasons of state interest.
Personal information that is necessary for the conclusion or execution of the contract between us is kept throughout the duration of the contract and 10 years after its termination. In the event of claims, these data are kept until an irrevocable decision is issued.
Personal Data transfer
We ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, which is limited within the TSI, while its confidentiality is ensured and we are committed to not passing on your personal data to third parties other than those to whom it is required by law or you have already give your consent. However, they may be transmitted to our partners, who act as processors on our behalf, to the extent that the above-mentioned processing purposes are served and under the condition of maintaining confidentiality to protect them in the context of our contractual commitments, the service of legal our interests and with the right to control them.
Your rights and how you can exercise them
- Know which of your personal data we keep and process, their origin, the purposes of processing them, as well as the time they are kept (right of access) .
- Request the correction and/or completion of your personal data so that it is complete and accurate (right to rectification) . You should provide any necessary document from which there is a need for correction or
- Request the restriction of the processing of your data (right to restriction of processing) .
- Refuse and/or object to any further processing of your personal data held by us (right to object) .
- Request that we transfer your personal data held by us to any other controller of your choice (right to data portability ) .
- Submit a complaint to the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr), if you consider that your rights are violated in any way (right to complain to the Authority) .
- Request the deletion of your personal data from the files we keep (right to be forgotten) .
In relation to the exercise of your above rights, the following is noted:
- The Institute has the right in any case to refuse to comply with your requests to limit the processing or delete your personal data or your opposition to the processing, if the processing or keeping of the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or support of legal rights or the fulfillment of his obligations towards the Greek or European
- Exercising the right to portability does not imply the deletion of your data from our records, which is subject to the conditions of the immediately preceding paragraph and the conditions of the Regulation.
- The exercise of the above rights acts for the future and does not concern already performed data
- To exercise your above rights in accordance with the European and Greek legislation and the limitations defined therein, you can write to the address of the Institute (TSI Polytechnioupolis Akrotiri Chania P.O. 731 00), or electronically at e-mail: email@example.com
For the Ethernet / WiFi service within the Institute, please see the relevant Policy ( WiFi disclaimer )
The Data Controller is the National Research Institute of Telecommunications Systems, legally represented by the respective Director and Chairman of the Board. For Personal Data matters you can contact the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes in Policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy by applying newer provisions of European and Greek legislation and at our discretion. If we make any changes, we will post the changes here so you can have immediate access.